I partnered with Benjamin Moore for this post. They provided me the paints and floor stain to make this room into the one I was dreaming about. All thoughts and opinions (and love for Benjamin Moore) are my own!
Please join us for a celebratory brunch! The sunroom is finished!
But before we get on with our celebrations, perhaps, we should take a look at the “before”. I took this photo the night before we moved in…
I wasn’t a fan of the berber carpeting for an outside room. It had lots of stains on it, but the previous owners told us there were wood floors underneath. So we stored that information and we thought we’d do this room eventually.
Eventually, came a whole lot sooner when Poppy was sprayed by a skunk….
The carpet absorbed the odor and blood stains from our poor dog…
Luke and I ripped out the carpet to find the floors underneath. They were wood alright, but LOTS of water stains and dark green / gray paint on top. I wondered if we were doing the right thing… But the rug had to go…
The whole room needed paint. Lots of it…
Oh, and new baseboard. We ripped up the strip that was there when we removed the rug…
We did a lot in this room. First we removed the rug and sanded the floors. You can read about that here. We then painted the ceilings probably the most beautiful shade of blue. Ever. The color is Ocean Air by Benjamin Moore in a soft gloss finish.
The walls were painted in Benjamin Moore Simply White, flat finish. Here you can see the difference the brighter and clean white makes to the walls. The previous color was a little more yellow and I wanted the walls a coastal white to remind one of the sails shimmering in the harbor just down the road.
The trim is Super White by Benjamin Moore in the same soft gloss finish as the ceiling.
Alright, let’s get on with the pretty photos, shall we?!? Please come on in through the garden and step inside and join us for our little celebratory brunch.
I picked up some lovely warm, croissants from French Memories just for you.
Oh, I warn you now, that I took LOADS of photos in this sunroom reveal.
A jute rug as you step inside floats on our driftwood floors.
A beautiful yucca enjoys the sun. Conor keeps calling it our palm tree…
You may hear the boys giggling over checkers.
Or you may enjoy the fragrance from blooms from our garden –
Take a seat and enjoy the ocean breezes. These chairs were my birthday gift!
Oh, you fancy some juice. Please help yourself.
This room is all life at the beach should be. Soft, simple and serene. A place to reflect and surround yourself with your quiet thoughts and dreams.
The boys are excited to “camp” out here this summer. I promised them they could sleep out here with the soft ocean air.
This is also doubling as my summer office. I’ve been writing out here. I’m actually typing this in the sunroom right now.
The new baseboard and paint has made such a difference. The floors have brightened the space and given it that coastal feel.
So has the new light Lamps Plus sent me. I adore the rustic galvanized finish against the shimmering blue ceiling.
It is even pretty at night with the Edison bulb glowing as the sun sets.
The room is done in soft whites, blue, grays. Washed over floors, walls, and furniture.
Vintage furniture has been given a second chance of happiness. I’ll be sharing the makeovers of these pieces with you soon in another post.
So please enjoy some macaroons and our new coastal sunroom.
I think it just might be my favorite spot in the whole house.
- Ceiling Paint – Color – Ocean Air by Benjamin Moore, MooreGlo Exterior, Soft Gloss
- Wall Paint – Color – Simply White by Benjamin Moore, Moorlife, Flat Finish
- Trim Paint – Color – Super White by Benjamin Moore, MooreGlo, Exterior, Soft Gloss
- Floor Stain – Color – Silver Gray by Benjamin Moore Oil Based Exterior Finish, Translucent
- Galvanized Ceiling Light – Lamps Plus
- Vintage Chairs – Goodies II and I refinished them
- Empire Style Table – Bent Nail Farm Antiques, we refinished
- Enamel Pitcher – Consignment Shop
- English China and Pitcher – Goodies II and yard sale find
- Wicker Chairs – Ikea
- Woven Mat – Ikea
- Indoor Outdoor Rug and jute rug – Ikea
- Ticking stripe pillows on wicker chairs – Pier One
- Oars – Freecycle find, painted them in our old house
- Baseboard – Home Depot
- Pulleys and rope, to hang oars – Lowe’s
- White light over table – already had, originally from Ikea
- Pine chest between wicker chairs – yard sale find and refinished
- Rock lamp – hand-crafted by local artist – Saltwater Stones
- Yucca Plant and plant pot – Ikea
- Rope floor pillows – Ikea