Can you feel Autumn creeping in? These cold nights and cool mornings? I sure can, but we’re trying to soak up the last summer rays as much as we can.
This means more time is spent outside and playing at the beach than in the kitchen. We also enjoy dining outside on the deck. If you’ve been doing the same. You may just love this pasta dish I whipped together. My boys loved it!
It even tastes like the sea with some tuna, salty capers and lemon! Yum. We’d spent all day out in the sun and at the beach and I needed to get my hungry guys something fast.
You all know how hungry the beach and swimming in the sea makes you! To make this pasta dish, I used all things I had in the cupboard.
Easy Lemon & Tuna Pappardelle
– Lemon Pepper Pappardelle Pasta (from Trader Joe’s)
– 1 Can of Tuna in Olive Oil
– 1 TBSP Capers
-Handful fresh, flat-leaf Parsley (chopped)
– Zest and Juice of one Lemon
– Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to the package.
2. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, toss in the can of tuna (with olive oil), capers, chopped parsley and lemon.
3. Serve immediately with slices of lemon and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
The mix of lemon, pepper and the tangy capers pairs perfectly with the tuna. It is salty and peppery and savory. I learned that pappardelle (a word I find very hard to spell correctly) means large very flat pasta. It comes from the very pappare which directly translate to “Gobble Up”. We all certainly gobbled this one up!
I hope you try it for your own family! It is a perfect, quick and easy dinner: