Poor sprouts, they get such a bad rap.
I’m here to tell you a way to prepare them that you will love and so will your Thanksgiving guests!
I made these last week to go with dinner one night and we’re having them again tomorrow for Turkey Day. I know my little guys probably won’t try them because they are green, but I know the grown ups will enjoy them.
They are delicious and I’m not just saying that to make the spouts feel better.
These sprouts are roasted in the oven adding sweetness with lemon EVOO and black current balsamic vinegar. I get my flavored oils and balsamics at the Roman Table in Scituate Harbor. I first enjoyed sprouts done this way and Cindy’s lovely shop, but I’ve added my own little twist –
toasted walnuts and dried cranberries.
This dish is even wonderful as leftovers. I like it served cold over a mixed green salad with goats cheese and more of the olive oil and balsamic! Yum!
If you want to make this, here’s the recipe:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Walnuts & Dried Cranberries
– Brussels Sprouts (try to use smaller ones if possible)
– Dried Cranberries
– Lemon Olive Oil
– Black Current
– Black Pepper
– Wash sprouts in cold water and then peel outer layers off and slice the sprout in half.
– Place sprouts in oven safe pan and drizzle with Lemon EVOO and Black Current Balsamic add some fresh ground pepper and toss to coat.
– Roast sprouts in oven at 375 for about 20 minutes.
– While the sprouts are roasting, toast the walnuts.
– When sprouts are done roasting toss with nuts and dried cranberries.
Super easy and delicious! Great to bring to whoever is hosting or to serve friends and family in your own home.
We will be enjoying Grampy’s relish along with our turkey and mashed potatoes tomorrow. Some other recipes you may want to try for your big day are: Roasted Parsnips and Sweet Potatoes, Leek and Potato Soup, North End Stuffed Mushrooms and Deviled Eggs. These are older posts and some photos were just taken with my phone (pre the DSLR Christmas gift last year – ha! ha!).
This Thanksgiving is especially special for us – our first in our “new” home! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday! x