|Image courtesy of Vintage Marquee Lights|
Anyway, Cheryl has nominated me for this award where I now in turn tell you 7 things about myself. I share a lot on this blog so wondering what more you want to know....
So here goes: 7 things about me...
1. I grew up in a restaurant, literally. My parents ran and operated a 'table cloth' restaurant housed in a colonial mansion. It was called Baldwin's. I worked my way up the ranks: "bus boy", "waitress", "bartender". It was really a beautiful home and a beautiful way to grow up. My path crossed with so many amazing and funny characters. I miss seeing all the regulars and that andrenalyn rush on a busy night. One day I dream to write a book, a memoir, about growing up in a restaurant. The restaurant also taught me one valuable life lesson: with a lot of elbow grease and hard work you can make your dream a reality.
2. When I was little I dreamed of going to England. I think it was all those Jane Austen books and costume dramas I ate up. I was lucky enough to do my Junior Year Abroad in Bristol at the University of Bristol. I really love that city and all my friends from there. I, like, Eliza Bennett was wisked off my feet by my Mr. Darcy, my husband. I lived in the UK for nearly 5 years in total.
3. I'm blind as a bat. No really. It is really bad. I can't see the alarm clock in the morning (or anything else for that matter). If I'm having an anxiety dream it is usually that I can't see (ie no glasses or contacts in).
4. I weighed two pounds when I was born. I arrived at 6 months to very worried parents in Boston. They considered it a little bit of a miracle that I survived and also think my poor eye sight is a side effect of my premature birth.
5. When I was a little girl I dreamed of being an actress. I was lucky enough to do a master class with Vanessa Redgrave at Mount Holyoke College. At Mount Holyoke I also learned a lot about set and costume design. I learned to use a sewing machine there and loved painting sets. I went on to do my Masters at the University of Bristol in Film and TV Production and worked on various TV productions. Luke's favorite was the show we did for the England Rugby team winning the world cup. Hmmm, wonder why?!? And now, well I'm home with my two little guys and keeping myself busy with this blog, custom furniture and my shops (etsy and booth at Main Street Antiques in Plymouth). Many of my dreams have come true.
6. I really, really don't like coconut. Yuck. I think it is the consistency I do love coconut milk in curry and in painkillers (those yummy cocktails we had on St. John were amazing).
7. I can't parallel park.
Well, there were seven things about me. Did you learn something new?
And here are my nominees for the award! There are so many blogs out there and here are just a few of my favorites...hope you’ll play along… no pressure or anything.
And even if I haven’t nominated you, care to share anything (or seven things) about yourself? I'd love to hear some things about my lovely readers! Happy Friday!