So, I started first with a coat of ASCP graphite, a near black.
I put it on quite thick and uneven. I wanted an uneven surface for the second color I was going to do.
Getting down and dirty with Graphite:
Once that dried, I did a coat of Emperor's Silk. You may remember that I used it on my Sail Away Pillows:
On the pillows it is quite a bright, cheerful red. Great on nautical prints. Also was fantastic on the Union Flag stripes. But I wanted a deeper red, a wine, pinot noir red. Perhaps, I've been having the odd glass here and there once the kids have gone to bed. Just thought that color red might make this mirror a little bit classy.
|This was taken while the paint was still drying|
You can see bits of black and uneven surface shining through the red. And here is the final piece with a coat of clear wax.