|John's Thanksgiving Artwork|
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!
Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday, not because of the gifts because there aren't any, but because it is about family and friends gathering together for a delicious meal and to give thanks and to really appreciate one another. It is my mom and husband's favorite holiday (and my husband isn't even American). As many of you know, we lived in the UK for 5 years before moving to this side of the pond and we always celebrated with turkey, Grampy's pineapple berry relish and, of course, pumpkin pie.
So things are pretty busy at our house this morning as we're hosting Thanksgiving dinner here (cornbread is in the oven) and I'm tidying the house. Toys and mess are currently winning! But just wanted to share with you all some of the things I'm grateful for:
- My two little boys (the cheekiest chappies on the earth)
- My little Poppy (the best dog)
- My parents
- My in-laws
- Our family (in the US, in the UK, Australia and other parts of the world)
- My wonderful friends (who seem more like family)
Here are a couple of more things I'm thankful for:
- Our home by the sea
- The delicious meals we share together
- Craft time
- Chalk Paint (a new found love) and painting everything with it
- Family traditions
- Riva's Pizza and Nonna's ice cream
- Walking in the woods or along the beach
- Good books
- Good books
Finally, I'm thankful for this blog. I've so enjoyed sharing my thoughts, my projects, my recipes and my life with all of you!
What are you thankful for? Please let me know by leaving a comment. I'd love to hear from you.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
|Our family on the beach in Scituate (photo by Katina Bentley)|